Monday 3 February 2014

Books, French Café and lots of soul with Érin Grant

To say that I enjoyed doing this shoot would be an understatement.

Érin is patient, intuitive and has a wonderful vision that complemented mine on the day.

I first met Érin at one of Galway's vintage and thrift markets. Her boho chic style sparked up ideas in my head for a shoot at inspiring locations around which we could build a story. The two locations featured are Charlie Byrne's Bookshop (a true treasure trove) and Java's Café. We played with ideas of love for literature, french charm and seduction and a bit of teenage angst (because The Catcher in the Rye is one of Érin's favourite books).

Érin writes for a number of online publications and you can catch all her stories on her blog My Paper Mache Mind and on her facebook page.

I am delighted and proud with the way these images turned out. I interspersed them with a few of my favourite quotes about books. Scroll to your hearts delight and please enjoy.





3 comments:

  1. This is beautifully put together Julia- I watched you take a few of the shots, and you have captured and transformed Erin, Charlie Byrne's and Java's. The book quotes are really well composed and chosen! Thanks for sharing with us- Olivia - Charlie Byrne's Bookshop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unbelievably pretty well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures. Very natural. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover